Saturday, May 2, 2020

TWZ & Contagion Updates II - Maps

Hi, I don't really have done much for the last few weeks because of the current situation with Covid-19. I hope you guys are ok out there.

What I want to talk about today are the map changes on certain maps in this post.
Escape maps like Barlowesquare or Montclair has been split into two maps to fix a memory issue (crash issues while loading a big map) since a few updates ago.
This feature which also saves the weapons that you carry to the next part of the map is kinda neat for TWZ since my maps are already split in two, but they have they own issues:

- When you reach at the end of the map you will have to wait for the other survivors in order to move to the next map which
doesn't work well with public servers... you might have to wait for quite a while in this case.

- It doesn't work well on custom servers with plugins from SourceMod cause the server might prioritize
the map circle instead if you finish the first part of the map. So, it might load a completely different map... 

That's why I might not even include it into TWZ or if possible I make it optional so that you can switch it via a button between a normal escape trigger or this new feature.

If those issues are fixed I will definitely add them ingame though.

No comments:

Post a Comment