Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Status Report 2020 - TWZ & Contagion Updates

Well, hello survivors or whoever is reading this! As you may know the Contagion updates has a significant impact on TWZ. I'm still working on the old hammer editor and switching between builds. A lot of new entities for hammer and Vscript commands has been added to Contagion which I still have to try it out myself, but my priority atm is to finish the first part with only the main quest ASAP.

There has been a lot going IRL which requires my attention first so my spare time is much more limited. I have been spending like 8 hours a week for TWZ if possible which is an incredible small amount if I compare it with the spare time I had before while working on HotZ. This is the reality atm so don't expect too much from TWZ :P

I decided to join the Contagion Playtester group so I can get the newest information about the next update ASAP while also giving out feedback if necessary. It doesn't always goes the way how I want it which I want to tackle on in this blog post and they are the following changes:

- Weapons that are doing slash dmg are much more reliable than blunt weapons now for whatever reason. You don't have to aim exactly for the head with any sharp weapons so the size of the weapon doesn't really matter anymore which means that the knife is the way to go since it does fast and reliable attacks. Because of this changes I will add less sharp weapons into TWZ on harder difficulties to keep the balance in check.


- 2 new melee weapons has been added which is guitar and banjor which doesn't work well in Contagion IMO since they are musical instruments which takes away the seriousness of the game and the second problem is that those weapons were assets for the official maps and they are still being used as static models which you can't pick up... they are just lazy leftovers and breaks the immersion of the game. Those 2 weapons is just a big turn off to me so I won't add them into my maps.

      

- A new nightmare difficulty has been added. It is already hard enough to find enough players and veteran players are even more rare so the nightmare difficulty will just turn off casual online players. We have already enough difficulties for Contagion and this one is just unnecessary... so I won't do any special treatment for this difficulty, it will just get the same treatment (obj/ammo/weapon wise) as extreme difficulty.


Ok, that's it for now. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment