Friday, April 15, 2016

Sheriff's Department Part I - TWZ v0.47

Hello dear readers! It's been a while since the last post. Well, I will tell you what I have done so far:

While I looked through the official props I have also encountered a lot of collision issues so I fixed the collision meshes of those props.
Some props that are tied together into one model like in the surplus warehouse are now seperated and modified for TWZ.
I tried to simulate a window that emits light inside the building and it took me quite a while to get it done but it looks quite good now.

The main problem with an open map is that I don't want to create blocky buildings like they have done it in the official maps so I need to find other
ways to boost up the optimization. One thing I noticed in ce_monthclair are the windows that are none existent inside some buildings which looked
pretty weird once I noticed it. I will try to seal off most of the windows and make it realistic as possible to keep a stable performance.

I have also prototyped some objectives for the gun safe and created some custom interaction that I will use it later :)
There is a lot more going on but I think I will stop it here :P One important thing is that I won't be releasing weekly
sneak peaks anymore since I'm almost done with the brushwork. Well, here is a screenshot showing the current process inside a "Sheriff's Department".


No comments:

Post a Comment